CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh Monday Weigh In AGAIN!

Going to keep it short and sweet this week... Unfortunately I didn't lose a pound this week. On a positive not I also didn't gain a pound so I have neither won nor lost. I was expecting the worst when I pulled the scale out this morning. Several nights of eating out since I was out of town most of the week and then we had my parents here for the weekend. I thought for sure that those dreaded two pounds I blogged about last week were going to be back and possibly with a friend or two... To my surprise the scale is holding steady. So, this week no eating out and hopefully the scale will showing a decrease next week. For a little something to share this week... Last Thursday my amazing friend Amy came and taught a cooking class for my Girl Scout troop. Among other things she taught them how to make some smoothies and so I have been hooked... My favorite was the Avocado-Pear Smoothie... I know YUCK, avocado and pear how could that be good?! Well trust me friends, it's super YUMMY! So put your brave face on and give it a try...

1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1/4 cup plain yogurt ( I would go for greek since it's high in protein, but to each their own)
1/2 cup pear juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup ice...
Put all ingredients into the blender and blend it up until it's smooth and creamy. Put the glass to your lips and enjoy some yummy goodness!

I'm interested to see what people think about this one so, if you try it leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment