CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Going Down, Down, Down




Finally I have some positive stuff to say... A while ago I blogged about the fat girl that ate the skinny me. Well the skinny me has been struggling to kick that fat girls booty for a long time and I'm happy to report she is making progress, HOORAY! Recently my friend Becca shared a meal plan with me that she has been having amazing success with. When I received my copy in the mail I was surprised how simple it was. The motto, "Eat clean, eat often, hydrate, recover, mindset" Simple right?! This little meal plan didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know, thats right folks there was no earth shattering awakening. The plan breaks meals down into something I am sure we have all heard a million times... You need to eat several small meals a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. For each category it tells you how many grains, proteins/dairy, fruits, veggies, and fats to eat. Then there is a list of good foods for each food group and the serving size. Once again, simple! I started using this about 3 weeks ago and if I am being honest I haven't followed it 100%, but I have used it as a guide. For some silly reason this little plan has seriously helped me balance my meals and watch my portion control. Even when I don't pick foods listed I am always thinking about which food groups I need at which times and trying to fit that into my meal choices. So far I am down 7 pounds and I feel great! I only have 2 pounds to go until I am at my first weight goal, and no I am not telling what that might be. After so many years of dieting and failing, I am finally succeeding and I can see and feel the results. I am feeling much more confident and happy. Thanks Becca for sharing this simple little life changer! My goal for this week is to make time for my work out so I can really kick that fat girls booty...

Just one of my breakfasts I enjoy...
1 vanilla greek yogurt
1.25 cups whole strawberries which I slice and add to the yogurt
1 slice of whole wheat toast buttered with approximately 1 tbs. reduced fat butter
16oz. glass of water
YUM!

2 comments:

katie

okay, so now you have to share what the meal plan is...

Shannon

Hooray...Nicole!! ♥

Post a Comment